Mission - To facilitate the best quality of life for people with mental health problems in Lincolnshire
Vision - That all people suffering mental ill health and their carers should have access to the best support to meet their individual needs
- Society disables people with mental illness by failure to adapt or respond to their special needs
- Most people are capable of recovery from mental illness and can lead high quality fulfilling and purposeful lives
- People should be treated as individuals celebrating their diversity
- People with lived experience of mental illness can provide valuable insight and support for others
- People and organisations working together co-operatively can add value to the work of each other
- To connect people with the services and support that will most effectively meet their needs and enhance their lives
- To connect service and support providers with each other to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- To secure and support the most effective use of resources
- To promote positive mental health and combat social stigma
Shine is an unincorporated association of its members, who elect a Steering Group to direct its affairs. Shine actions are executed by a Company Limited by Guarantee, Shine Lincolnshire Ltd, established in 2013 for this purpose. This is a non-profit distributing enterprise, charitable in nature.
Articles of Association for the company can be viewed here. Membership of Shine Lincolnshire Ltd is available to anyone supportive of Shine by completing and returning an application form. The form can be downloaded here or contact the Administrator.